Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hooters

And yes, I am talking those kinds of hooters. Today, I read a resume - for an intern position - that stated her work experience as "Hooters." Mind you, this woman also had DOD and DOJ experience, but all I could focus on was the Hooters term of employment. After having a very good laugh I have come to this conclusion: unless you have corporate management experience, or are looking for a related field - i.e. restauranter, stripper, etc. - never ever put Hooters on your resume. Say you worked in a food service field or something similiar, but I'm not sure how many people will take you seriously if you say you worked at Hooters. Especially after the movie Big Daddy when Adam Sandler's ex-girlfriend winds up working at Hooters with her much older "I have a life plan" boyfriend.

I think it's wise to tell an interviewer the truth (and perhaps unethical if you don't) when/if he or she asks, but it's really hard to get past the mental picture of a dumb blonde with her tits hanging out of her "Hooters" tank top serving beer and wings to guys who are just there for the "wings." Not that its not a nice mental picture (if you're of that persuasion) but it's hard to take a candidate seriously with Hooters on her resume.

No comments: